Ailments & Answers
Care For a Loved One
Fearless Aging
Health Coach
Sex & Love
Stay Healthy and Strong
Stress Busters
Weight Loss & Nutrition
Expert Advice
Site Map
About Us
E-Mail Newsletter

  Family   Money   Health   Work   Play   Shop   Expert Advice  
  Home  > Health >  Sex & Love
Making Monogamy Sizzle
by Stu Watson

For many people burdened by the midlife demands of career and family, sex is the last thing on their minds.

Rediscover Your Passion:
Put it in writing. Each person lists 10 things he or she would like to do in bed. Trade lists. Ditch what you can't agree on.
Rip the list into separate slips, put them in jars for him and her, then each take one out before making love.
Give each other permission to let loose. Don't censor yourself. Reassure each other.
Don't stop masturbating. And if you have, start again. It's good for you, and helps educate your partner about what turns you on.
Take a guided tour of each other's body. Hands and tongue ask the questions.
Show him how to stimulate your clitoris. Everyone is a little different, so don't defer to assumptions. Get clear about this first, then get it on.  

It's too bad, says sassy Aussie psychologist and "sexpert" Tracey Cox, author of Hot Relationships: How to Know What You Want, Get What You Want and Keep It Red Hot!

Along with food, water and oxygen, we need sex, in large quantities, in recipes ranging from simple to spicy.

Research shows that a vital sex life contributes 25 percent or more to the plus side of a relationship, says the author. If your sex life stinks, the other 75 percent of your relationship reeks.

If your partner isn't hitting on you, you feel unattractive. Self-esteem nose-dives. Irritation is all that rises. Resentment builds. Petty arguments explode.

"Both of you feel increasingly isolated," says Cox. "You start fantasizing about other people. You may take it further and actually have an affair. Or you might just up and leave."

Cox is a huge fan and defender of monogamy, and (if that provoked a yawn) the potential for hot monogamous relationships. Without effort, however, monogamy can slide toward the pits.

If you're drifting into the sexual doldrums, Cox has a prescription. For starters she says, "Think more about sex, not less. Making love to your partner isn't a luxury; it's essential for your relationship to survive."

Relationships go through phases. The excitement of the new spins after three to six months into the ho-hum of life as usual. We become bored because we ignore our need for variety, making love the same two or three ways every time.

"You can make love to the same person for the rest of your life in a million different ways, places and situations," says Cox. "Monogamous sex doesn't have to be boring at all. But it does mean hard work and actively fighting the rut."

Page:Monogamy continued... Page:  1�� 2��
Related Stories
• What Turns You On?
• Who's Having Great Sex and How
• Experiment With Hot Monogamy
• Renew Passion With Your Partner

Related Stories
• What Turns You On?
• Who's Having Great Sex and How
• Experiment With Hot Monogamy
• Renew Passion With Your Partner

Related Books
• The 10 Commandments of Pleasure, Susan Block
• Hot Monogamy, Pat Love
• Hot Relationships, Tracey Cox
• Hot Sex, Tracey Cox

  Home | Family | Money | Work | Health | Play  
E-mail Me | Unsubscribe | "Me" Meters | Message Board | Search
About Us | Site Map | Employment | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us
Advertising and Sales | Advertise with us
Copyright � 1999-2001 MyPrimeTime, All Rights Reserved.
MyPrimeTime and the other MyPrimeTime products on this site are trademarks of MyPrimeTime, Inc. The names of actual companies and their products mentioned on this site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.